The ultimate Mizuno muscle back - heavily influenced by the most revered blades of Mizuno’s past.
- Layers of Feel
- ‘Tour Ready’ Profile
- Vertically Stable
- Refined Topline
- Mixed satin/mirror finish
This Item ships in 7 days - Contact your local store for more information.
The ultimate Mizuno muscle back - heavily influenced by the most revered blades of Mizuno’s past. Grain Flow Forged HD from a single billet of 1025E Pure Select Mild Carbon Steel – then layered with soft Copper plating beneath a protective Nickel Chrome for legendary feel and feedback.
- Layers of Feel: Grain Flow Forged HD in Hiroshima Japan, from 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel, then plated in soft copper and Nickel Chrome – the original layering from Mizuno’s great TN87 blade.
- ‘Tour Ready’ Profile: Honed by studying elements of Mizuno’s most played/retained tour iron models - by both contracted and non-contracted tour players. Usage amongst ‘free-agents’ on tour provided a new perspective.
- Vertically Stable: A discreetly tapered top blade and cambered sole allow a fuller vertical spread of weight to forgive strikes high or low from the face – without distorting the traditional muscle back appearance.
- Refined Topline: Mizuno’s thinnest topline of recent generations - a response to feedback from our tour players. The MP-20 #3 iron is reduced by 0.05m and pitching wedge by 0.15mm (compared to MP-18).
- Mixed satin/mirror finish: Combination of chrome finishing to eliminate areas of high glare in the playing position.
"We kept asking ourselves - why did players still talk about the feel of the older Mizuno blades – TN87, MP14, MP29, TP9? Despite our Grain Flow Forging process tightening up and an evolving CAD process that predicts vibration patterns – we were still missing something. The one element left from the old classics was a layer of Copper. After blind testing our players at the Valspar it was more than nostalgia - our test pool universally preferred the prototype with copper plating.” Chris Voshall, Golf Brand Manager. Mizuno
LAYERS OF FEEL
Evolved from the DNA of irons that shaped the modern game, launched major winning careers and inspired generations of ‘tour edition’ muscle backs. Exclusively Grain Flow Forged in Hiroshima Japan, where Mizuno has refined the art of feel for over 50 years. Once again plated in copper, like Mizuno's legendary TN87 - for an impact sensation recognised as our purest ever. Three irons, each with their own unique appeal, to work alone or blend within a custom set.
"Most modern muscle backs and limited 'tour edition' irons can be traced back to the great Mizuno blades. Though what makes a Mizuno iron truly exceptional is everything you can't see. If you could peel back the chrome plating, you would find a sandwich of nickel and soft copper before the Grain Flow Forged HD chassis. Under a microscope, you can see a perfect flow of grain within the steel from the hosel to toe, compacted tighter in the hitting area. Designers can mimic our lines, but not what's inside."
"As an elite amateur or emerging professional - there's no queue of manufacturers waiting to build you a 'tour only' iron. That's why Mizuno has a history of equipment played at this level. Any Mizuno iron model is 'tour ready' straight from the box. The heads we use on the PGA Tour come from the same boxes we use for club golfers," Jeff Cook, Tour Operations Manager.
|Club #||Loft °||Lie Angle||Offset (inch)||Length (inch)|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Golf World users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.