The 2nd generation of Mizuno’s multi material concept - with a thinner topline and refined scoring irons.
- Layers of Feel
- Stability in a Tour preferred profile
- Multi-material construction
- Improved set flow to wedges
- Dramatically thinner topline
- Mixed satin/mirror finish
This Item ships in 7 days - Contact your local store for more information.
The 2nd generation of Mizuno’s multi material concept - with a thinner topline and refined scoring irons. Based on the chassis, set flow and proportions of the MP-20 muscle back – engineered to be more playable through the use of Titanium muscle plate and Tungsten sole weight. Grain Flow Forged HD from a single billet of 1025E Pure Select Mild Carbon Steel – layered within soft Copper plating and protective Nickel Chrome for legendary feel and feedback.
- Layers of Feel: Grain Flow Forged HD in Hiroshima Japan, from 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel, then plated in soft copper and Nickel Chrome – the original layering from Mizuno’s great TN87 blade.
- Stability in a Tour preferred profile: Titanium muscle spreads weight for forgiveness from off centre strikes while maintaining centre portion thickness for muscle back type feel / feedback.
- Multi-material construction: Grain Flow 1025E mild carbon steel chassis and Ti muscle pad throughout, with 12g Tungsten toe weight (4-7 iron) for ease of launch in a compact playing profile.
- Improved set flow to wedges: Use of a 2nd Titanium muscle pad specific to the short irons, allows a narrower sole from 8 iron to pitching wedge
- Dramatically thinner topline: As a response to requests from the tour. The MP-20 MMC #4 iron is reduced by 0.3mm and pitching wedge by 0.4mm (compared to MP-18 MMC). Less than 1mm thicker at address than the MP-20 muscle back.
- Mixed satin/mirror finish: Combination of chrome finishing to eliminate areas of high glare in the playing position.
“The new MMC is the smaller, sharper version of the original. For a player with a traditional eye, looking for a little stability from off centre strikes, but comfortable with their distances and ball speed – this is the iron.” Chris Voshall, Golf Brand Manager. Mizuno
LAYERS OF FEEL
Evolved from the DNA of irons that shaped the modern game, launched major winning careers and inspired generations of ‘tour edition’ muscle backs. Exclusively Grain Flow Forged in Hiroshima Japan, where Mizuno has refined the art of feel for over 50 years. Once again plated in copper, like Mizuno's legendary TN87 - for an impact sensation recognised as our purest ever. Three irons, each with their own unique appeal, to work alone or blend within a custom set.
"Most modern muscle backs and limited 'tour edition' irons can be traced back to the great Mizuno blades. Though what makes a Mizuno iron truly exceptional is everything you can't see. If you could peel back the chrome plating, you would find a sandwich of nickel and soft copper before the Grain Flow Forged HD chassis. Under a microscope, you can see a perfect flow of grain within the steel from the hosel to toe, compacted tighter in the hitting area. Designers can mimic our lines, but not what's inside."
"As an elite amateur or emerging professional - there's no queue of manufacturers waiting to build you a 'tour only' iron. That's why Mizuno has a history of equipment played at this level. Any Mizuno iron model is 'tour ready' straight from the box. The heads we use on the PGA Tour come from the same boxes we use for club golfers," Jeff Cook, Tour Operations Manager.
|Club #||Loft °||Lie Angle||Offset (inch)||Length (inch)|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Golf World users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.