Vapor Fly Pro Irons are a set of irons that launch the ball higher and farther, offering forgiveness with more workability than a traditional game-improvement iron.
- Modern Muscle technology balances the center of gravity in the center of the face to optimize stability, energy transfer and feel for consistent performance and shotmaking.
- Lightweight RZN material enables more mass to be distributed lower and deeper for higher ball flight.
- The combination of a variable thickness, flexible Nexcor face supported by a stiffened, FlyBeam-reinforced chassis delivers increased ball speed, with less penalizing mishits for longer, more consistent shots across the entire face.
- Hollow RZN cavity long irons (2, 3, 4, 5) feature a metalwood-style construction with FlyBeam reinforcement for superior distance and forgiveness.
- RZN pocket mid irons (6, 7, 8) utilize Nike’s proprietary RZN material to redistribute weight to combine stability with refined feel.
- RZN cavity short irons (9, P, A) also feature RZN material in the cavity of the irons to enable shot-making creativity.
The Vapor Fly Pro Irons offer forgiveness due to a balanced CG and a lightweight construction. Its Modern Muscle technology creates consistent performance and shotmaking by balancing the CG in the center of the club’s head. A Lightweight RZN material distributes the mass lower and deeper for higher ball flight. A flexible Nexcor face and a stiffened Fly-Beam chassis increase ball speed and create more consistent shots.
The long irons (2, 3, 4, 5) have a hollow-bodied RZN cavity, metalwood-style construction and FlyBeam reinforcement for more distance and forgiveness. The mid irons (6, 7, 8) have a RZN pocket, a lightweight material that redistributes weight. The short irons (9, P, A) are also constructed out of RZN in the cavity for creative shotmaking.
PLAYABILITY: Most playable iron tested, there’s no shot you can’t hit; shaping shots is easy—if you can’t work the ball with these, you can’t work the ball; the thin blades get down to any lie and are helpful in picking the ball off hardpan or bare spots.
ACCURACY/FORGIVENESS: The Vapor Pros are a lot like old-style blades, with just a touch of forgiveness; deadly accurate in the hands of the right player—they go exactly where you hit them; these are like surgical tools, letting highly skilled golfers dissect a course with ease.
DISTANCE CONTROL: No surprises here—predictable distances on full shots and on knockdowns; comparable to other irons when hit well; most panelists are able to control them in no time at all.
FEEL: Many guys haven’t felt a club like this in a long time—it reminds them of a classic forging on good strikes; well-balanced and easy to swing; pure contact feels amazing; just tears through the ball.
LOOK: The Vapor Pro is a pure-looking player’s stick with the thinnest topline, and clubhead, in the test; it has an old-school appearance; the brushed nickel finish is a nice touch; beautiful, no-nonsense blades—short irons are absolutely gorgeous.
Nice upgrade12 May 2018I have been using these for a month now and very happy with them. Don't know how to review properly, but they just feel sweet. Beautiful and light. The sound on impact gives me goosebumps as it's makes me feel like I'm a better player