- New A.I. designed Flash Face SS20 For Fast Ball Speed Across The Face
- High-strength FS2S Titanium For Consistent Performance
- Jailbreak + T2C Triaxial Carbon Crown For Ball Speed and Forgiveness
- Unparalleled Sound & Feel From Acoustic A.I.
"From the minute we tested it, I knew 2020 couldn't get here soon enough" - Xander Schauffele
Like all of Callaway’s Sub Zero models from the past five years, MAVRIK Sub Zero offers a remarkable combination of low spin and high MOI. Though getting both qualities into one driver was once unheard of, Callaway R&D continues to deliver on this rare combination. The slightly smaller (450cc) head features two interchangeable screws in the front and back, 14g and 2g, to promote changes to launch angle and spin-rate. It has a neutral ball flight bias and the lie angle is slightly flatter compared to the Standard and MAX models. Available in 9º and 10.5º lofts.
- New A.I. designed Flash Face SS20 For Fast Ball Speed Across The Face - Maverick thinking fueled our new, A.I. designed Flash Face SS20, to promote fast ball speeds across a more expansive area in each model and loft.
- High-strength FS2S Titanium For Consistent Performance - New face architecture required FS2S titanium, an extremely strong material that’s 6 grams lighter than traditional titanium to promote optimal speed, forgiveness, and spin robustness.
- Jailbreak + T2C Triaxial Carbon Crown For Ball Speed and Forgiveness - Two internal Jailbreak bars connect the sole and crown to promote fast ball speed, and the significantly lighter carbon crown allows us to redistribute weight for higher MOI.
- Unparalleled Sound & Feel From Acoustic A.I. - We also used A.I. to design a sophisticated internal titanium rib system that fine-tunes the head to produce a deeper, highly satisfying sound.
More about the MAVRIK
Epic Flash set new boundaries by being the first driver developed with the aid of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, which led to it being the #1 selling driver model in 2019. To push performance even further, we adopted a maverick’s rebellious and disruptive attitude. That’s how our world class R&D team created the new MAVRIK line, with the finest combination of distance, forgiveness, consistency and feel we’ve ever built in a driver.
With MAVRIK we invested in a new and more powerful supercomputer, which significantly advanced our understanding of A.I. and Machine Learning. And we discovered how to apply A.I. to make smarter and wider-ranging performance improvements in the face and throughout the clubhead. The incredible innovations in this driver are led by a new Flash Face SS20 architecture, with a thinner face and more expansive area that delivers ultra-fast ball speeds. The supercomputer operated for weeks, through thousands of virtual prototypes, until it arrived with a completely new face architecture, created to specifically work with the head of each MAVRIK driver.
The complexity of each MAVRIK Flash Face SS20 design demanded a stronger material to stand up to the stress of impact, so for the first time we’re using FS2S titanium in a club face, an exotic material that is remarkably strong and light—a full 6 grams lighter than traditional materials. From this high end titanium, we can consistently maintain ball speeds without sacrificing any integrity in the club face.
In addition to all the remarkable new technologies in MAVRIK Drivers, we’ve utilized several proven technologies that are crucial to the overall performance – Jailbreak and a T2C Triaxial Carbon Crown. Jailbreak features two internal bars behind the face that connect the sole and crown to promote faster ball speed. And our T2C triaxial carbon crown is significantly lighter than a titanium crown, allowing our engineers to redistribute additional weight to raise MOI and forgiveness.
Callaway’s R&D team also took maverick thinking well beyond the club face, using A.I. to help tune the acoustics of the head. Specifically, they used A.I. to optimize the internal structure and position of numerous ribs to create an immensely satisfying sound and feel.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Golf World users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.